Friday, April 15, 2011

The Storm

Well I found myself awakened at 2 am this morning by a friendly call notifying me that a tornado was heading my way. So as my wife/meteorologist was checking in with the weather ninja online and turning on the telly, ......we lost power!  Only for a moment, but our hearts paused and then like a miracle from heaven the power jolted back on.  And that's when it all went into crazy mode.  Apparently the momentary loss of power created a surge that sent all of our sophisticated networked meteorological equipment (tv/internet) into a state of shock, which in turn sent us, mostly my meteorologist, into a crazy state of insanity.  So it's 2 am and we are running around the house screaming TORNADO!  I did a commando style belly crawl to the closet on the other end of the house where the shocked equipment is housed. Once there I used my skills to try to repair it, all the while I imagined that the tornado will be bearing down on the house at any moment. I gave the modem a good kick (learned this in Diesel Repair Academy) and then re-joined the rest of the family running around yelling TORNADO!

Eventually the hail stopped and the rain let up and we managed to log into our secret weather resource which my meteorologist with once sleepy now blood shot eyes informed me that the tornado was never even close. I sheepishly turned our house security alarm siren off and yelled to the neighbors that it was just a false alarm. (which I'm sure they appreciated)

I fell back into bed and tried to force myself to drift back to sleep in spite of the fact that I now felt like I had just finished my 12th cup of pure caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment